An Insight into 3 Important Steps
in Implementation of Event Security
Security at special events can become a challenge if proper planning is not done. As such, security experts ensure that every minute detail is taken into consideration and a detailed plan of action is developed to make sure there are no security glitches during the event. Our aim here will be to go through some of the details which are covered by security agencies while a plan is developed for event security.
Steps in Implementation of Event Security
Perform Pre Event Planning
This is the first step in proper planning of event security. Let us look at the details security experts cover in this stage.
- A security committee is developed with representatives from risk management, support personnel, facility management and safety personnel.
- Security coordinator is assigned who will have main responsibility of executing the security plan.
- Crowd control as well as security program is created as well as implemented. Moreover, procedures are planned for handling critical incidents like terrorist threats, bomb threats and any other type of criminal activity.
- Plan of action is also developed to meet circumstances where it becomes necessary to evacuate the location for performing bomb searches.
- Various assessments are conducted such as hazard vulnerability assessment which helps in identification of probable threats and contingency plans are developed to address those situations.
- Social media is analyzed to check whether any protests or disturbances have been planned during the event.
- Security experts also develop a focal point for communication so that all of security as well as safety activities can be coordinated in right manner.
Managing Access Control
Another important task security experts have to look into is access control. Let us see some of the steps they take in this regard.
- Proper steps are taken to ensure visitors enter the venue only from designated entrances.
- Security personnel make sure that emergency exit pathways remain clear so that visitors can easily exit the venue in case of an emergency.
- Steps are taken to screen visitors (suing metal detectors, bag searches, etc.) so that no one can enter the venue with anything which can be utilized as a weapon.
- Parking facilities are secured and parking arrangements are strictly enforced according to plans so that guests as well as emergency vehicles can easily come in or go out.
Appointing Security Personnel
Security agencies check and make sure that desired number of security personnel are managing the event. Few of the details which are looked into in this respect are:
- Required number of security personnel are appointed according to number of guests expected at the event.
- Security staff are assigned for patrolling the venue while the event is in progress.
- All members of the security staff are provided with photo identification badges to wear.
To conclude it can be said that managing all details related to event security is only possible when you are security experts working for you. They can take care of all necessary activities and ensure no security lapses occur during the event.