What are the Driving and Other Factors Which Can Make You a High-Risk Driver?
There could be various reasons which will make you a high-risk driver. In such situation, you will have no option but to opt for a high-risk insurance. Our aim here will be to examine few of the important factors which are examined by insurance providers to judge whether a person will be considered a high-risk driver.
Factors Related to Driving Which May Classify You as a High-Risk Driver
Before getting insurance quotes in Alberta you should be aware of few of the factors that will make you a high-risk driver. Let us look at these factors here.
- Speeding Tickets: Insurers will check the number of speeding tickets and other traffic violations you had in last three years. However, such examination will not include parking tickets. If there are quite a few traffic violations then you will be considered a high-risk driver.
- Impaired Driving: It is a serious offense that will make you a high-risk driver and insurance quotes in Alberta will be higher for you. Many insurers may well decline to provide you any insurance coverage and you will have to opt for DUI insurance in such situation. Normally, the conviction remains in your record for about three years and in this time period, you will have to take a high-risk insurance.
- At-Fault Accidents: If there are any at-fault accidents then you will be considered a high-risk driver. In such situation, the insurance provider may well cancel the insurance or it will not get renewed. In this type of condition, you will have to opt for high-risk insurance.
- Careless Driving: If you have received a ticket for stunt driving or careless driving then such conviction will stay on your record for around three years. During this time you will be considered a high-risk driver.
- High-Risk Vehicle: Insurance quotes in Alberta will be high for certain types of vehicles. As for instance, if you have an expensive sports car, any exotic car, or a car that is on the list of most stolen cars then you will need high-risk insurance coverage.
Non Driving Factors
Few of the non-driving factors that you need to be wary of are:
- Insurance History: If you have missed payment of premiums or in case non-payment resulted in the cancellation of car insurance then you will be considered a high-risk driver.
- A Lapse in Coverage: Insurance provider prefer drivers with a history of claim free driving.
If there has been a lapse in coverage due to a conviction in a driving offense, you were not using a vehicle for a certain time period or in you had lost your license, in all these situations you will have to look for high-risk insurance.
A Final Note
To conclude we can say that you may well end up paying high premiums on a high-risk insurance and as such it will be important to avoid all the factors which can push you in the high-risk driver category.